Coronavirus Info Center
Quick Information Center
It goes without saying that the coronavirus (COVID-19) dominated 2020—and it changed the world as we knew it. Though the year closed with the arrival of vaccines, continued challenges and uncertainties still exist.
This page was designed in March of 2020 to provide you with the latest information and answers to your questions on how the outbreak was impacting global shipments. We shared insights from The Quick Group’s logistics specialists, as well as links to relevant information published by expert sources. We will continue to deliver critical COVID-19 content. However, given the current state of pandemic-related breaking news, we’re going to dial back the frequency of posts on this web page. We will continue to share urgent updates on our website’s Service Alerts pages, our social media channels and on this COVID-19 website, as needed.
And whenever you have a question or need additional information—whether COVID-related or not— please contact your local customer service office or your Quick/Sterling representative or send an e-mail to one of our global logistics specialists via our Ask the Experts page. No matter how you’d like to connect with us, please remember that when the unexpected happens, we are here for you.
Canada has closed its border to non-Canadians or non-permanent residents; the only people allowed in will be Canadian citizens, permanent residents and US Citizens for the time being. Starting March 18th.
- United Kingdom: residents will not be allowed to travel to the United States for 30 days beginning 16 March
- Ireland: residents will not be allowed to travel to the United States for 30 days beginning 16 March
- Uruguay: Travelers from Italy, Spain, Germany, Korea, Iran, Singapore, Japan and France are not allowed to enter the country.
- Peru: All flights to Europe will be suspended as of 16 March for 30 days.
The following added border closures were announced today:
- Spain is closing borders, quarantining citizens, banning inbound flights and closing the country
- Netherlands is closing borders
- Slovenia is closing borders
- Slovakia is closing borders
- Romania is closing borders
The US government announced that it was extending its travel ban to apply to the United Kingdom, Ireland and Poland, effective Monday.